Have you ever wondered how much American Idol judges make? I mean, how worth is it really to spend your time on the set of American Idol? If you’re one of the judges, Luke Bryan, Katy Perry, or Lionel Richie, I think you’d agree it’s totally worth it.
Why do we get sucked into this show?! Several reasons:
- The drama. American Idol is a highly competitive show. With competition comes drama, like when contestants are eliminated or when they receive nasty criticism from the judges. Viewers either love it or love to hate it.
- The contestants. People enjoy watching the contestants on American Idol grow and develop their talents. Many contestants start out as shy or nervous (remember Carrie Underwood?), but they transform into confident and talented performers over the course of the show.
- The judges. America loves to watch the judges give their honest feedback to the contestants, albeit sometimes controversial. It’s fun to compare your thoughts to theirs.
- The music. It’s fun to hear your favorite song performed by another artist! American Idol also encourages some contestants to perform their own original music, giving the audience a chance to hear some thing new and fresh.
- The sense of community. Do you watch Idol with your friends or family? You’re not alone. The show is a great way to bond with loved ones and is a fun way to compete with each other to see who can pick the best contestants.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of how much American Idol judges make, keep in mind that you have to be “somebody” before you’re even asked to be a judge on the show. When it comes to the salaries American Idol judges make, do you think experience and longevity play a role in how much the judges get paid? Not necessarily. Take a look at the current American Idol judges below. (Don’t forget about host Ryan Seacrest!) And read what each is worth compared to what they make on the show. You will be surprised …