Disney 100: The Exhibition had its world premiere on February 18th, 2023 at the beautiful Franklin Institute. The exhibition is now open, featuring so many treasures from the Walt Disney Archives, and lots of interesting facts too, for even the biggest Disney fan.
The exhibit covers everything from live-action to animation and Disney Parks to a galaxy far, far away.
Some of the featured items include:
- Story Script Page from Steamboat Willie (1928)
- Visual Development Art for Alice in Wonderland (1951), created by artist and Disney Legend Mary Blair*
- Concept Drawing of Disneyland by artist and Disney Legend Herb Ryman, graphite on paper (1953)*
- Nautilus Special Effects Filming Model for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
- Engineer Mickey Mouse used by Walt Disney on Opening Day of Disneyland, 1955
- Disneyland® Park Jungle Cruise Attraction Vehicle Model used by Walt Disney, “A Trip Through Adventureland/Water Birds” – Disneyland (TV, 1956)
- Prop Storybook featured in Sleeping Beauty (1959)
- Clean-up Animation for Sleeping Beauty (1959), created by artist and Disney Legend Marc Davis*
- Carousel Horse from Mary Poppins (1964), used by Disney Legend Julie Andrews
- Visual Development Art for The Little Mermaid (1989), created by artist and Disney Legend Glen Keane*
- Genie Maquette for Aladdin (1992), created by artist Kent Melton
- Spell Book from Hocus Pocus (1993), used by Disney Legend Bette Midler
- Mater Maquette for Cars (2006), created by artist Jerome Ranft
- East High School Yearbook from High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008)
- Visual Development Art Digital Painting for The Princess and the Frog (2009), created by artist Sue Nichols
- Visual Development Art Digital Painting for Frozen (2013), created by artist Julia Kalantarova
- BB-8 Puppet used in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
- Captain America Shield used in Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Lumière Production Model for Beauty and the Beast (2017)
- First Order Stormtrooper Armor from Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019), designed by Michael Kaplan and Glyn Dillon
- Black Panther Costume from Black Panther (2018)
- Cinderella Castle Model for Magic Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort
- Attraction Vehicle from Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland Park
*Reproduction of the original
The exhibition spans across ten galleries throughout a 15,000-square-foot exhibit space. There are more than 250 rarely seen original artworks, artifacts, costumes, props, and other memorabilia for the exhibition celebrating 100 years of The Walt Disney Company.
The World Premiere of Disney 100: The Ehibition, February 18th-August 27th at the Franklin Institute
Below are some of the photos I took at the opening, but be sure to check out the exhibition for yourself in person at the Franklin Institute this spring and summer. Disney100: The Exhibition runs through August 27, 2023, and then heads out into the rest of the world.
Tickets are timed and dated, and advance ticket purchase is strongly recommended. Check HERE for information on purchasing tickets.
Oh, and BEN FM has your chance to cruise with all of your favorite Disney characters on a magical Disney Cruise! HERE are all the details.