On Monday the CDC posted updated guidelines for Thanksgiving celebrations.
The CDC recommends celebrating only with the people in your household, taking extra precautions such as wearing masks and keeping your distance if you celebrate with others.
They also recommend to postpone any travel plans but if you must gather, do it outdoors.
Other precautions include:
- keeping 6 feet of distance from people who you do not live with
- keep hands clean
- bring your own plate, cups, and utensils
- avoid going in and out of the kitchen while food is being prepared
- use single use options for condiments and food containers
- open windows if dining indoors
- sanitize surfaces
If you are traveling, check travel restrictions, get your flu shot, wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wash your hands often.
CLICK HERE for the full CDC guidelines.