It’s safe to say that at some point we have all done it. You’re hungry, excited to enjoy some food, and you notice a littleeee mold on it. So you think, oh I’m sure it’s fine, it’s nature. Well turns out you’re half right. Now, food safety experts reveal the only four foods that are safe to cut mold off to eat.
Sylvia Anderson, a food safety expert, revealed foods that are and aren’t safe with mold. She said it’s because some have higher moisture content than others.
Some molds are dangerous on foods because they can cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. A few molds can also emit ‘mycotoxins’ into foods, which are poisonous substances that can cause food poisoning.
It really has to do with our porous the foods are, and how it can penetrate into the rest of the food. Sylvia Anderson, the food safety expert, revealed the only four foods that are safe to cut mold off to eat and I was definitely surprised.