Sexual And Pelvic Health With Andrea C. Martin, APN, Virtua Health
Nicole Michalik and Marisa Magnatta speak with Andrea C. Martin, APN, Virtua Health. They discuss sexual and pelvic health, including pleasure, pain, and everything in between.
Virtua Sexual Wellness and Pelvic Health is a highly specialized practice for women experiencing pelvic discomfort and/or concerns related to sexual function.
Sexual and pelvic health are extremely important topics that do not get the attention they deserve. This conversation was really empowering for women who feel pressure and awkwardness about sexual matters. There are so many things about sexual health that simply aren’t talked about. For example, how much pain is normal to feel during intimacy? Or, what treatments are safe or unsafe for women facing pelvic health issues? If you don’t think this topic affects you, you’d be surprised that in some way, it does!
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Is it common for women to experience sharp pelvic pain or pain while having sex occasionally or regularly?
- What are some easy common solutions for having pain?
- A myth that hormones are bad.
- Pleasure for women.
- Low libido and sexual dysfunction.
- Dispelling any stigma for women about pleasure, sex, and how things should and should not feel.
Find out more at Virtua Health.