What: a 5K run to benefit the National Bone Marrow Donor Program that connects patients with matching donors for life saving stem cell transplants.
When: April 14, 2024
Where: 1616 Delaware Avenue
Wilmington, DE US 19806
Course Map, Registration and More Info at MimosasForMarrow.com HERE.
INFO FROM THE EVENT ORGANIZERS:
- Join us for the 2nd annual Mimosas for Marrow 5K!
- We are two local moms, Sam and Brittany, teaming up with Fusion Racing for the purpose of raising funds toward NMDP – formally known as the National Marrow Donor Program and Be The Match.
- NMDP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to connecting patients with a matching donor for a life-saving stem cell (bone marrow) transplant. And one that resonates so deeply, as it saved Sam’s 4 year old daughter, Oakley, in 2022.
- Every 3-4 minutes, someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with a blood cancer such as leukemia or lymphoma, as well as a blood disorder such as sickle cell or severe aplastic anemia. Many times the only cure for patients facing these critical medical conditions is to find a matching donor as quickly as possible.
- Through Oakley’s journey, we were inspired to raise awareness, and educate the community on becoming a bone marrow donor through NMDP – providing an opportunity to potentially save a life, just like Oakley’s.
- Interested in becoming a donor today? Simply text OakleysOhana to 61474 to register, or see us on race day where we will have a table set up!
- Last year 498 of you came out in an effort to raise funds for those affected by blood cancers/disorders, and incredibly enough we were able to raise over $16,000! We are beyond thrilled to see what is in store for this year.
- Come out to support and track some miles, while enjoying some bubbly mimosas after!