TD Bank announced they are closing 81 locations including 11 locations in the Philadelphia region.
Philly Voice reported that 7% of the 1,223 TD Bank locations will close including the Center City location at 111 S. 11th Street, which will be closed by April 23.
Other TD Bank locations closing in the Philadelphia Region are:
- 1428 Old York Road in Abington, PA
- 1560 Paoli Pike in East Goshen, PA
- 90 Upper Silver Lake Road in Newtown, PA
- 25 Second Street Pike in Southampton, PA
- 212 E. Lancaster Ave. in Wayne, PA
- 1506 Berlin Road in Cherry Hill, NJ
- 601 College Drive in Blackwood, NJ
- Route 38 & Eayerstown Road in Mount Holly, NJ
- 129 S. Black Horse Pike in Runnemede, NJ
- 1803 Marsh Road in Wilmington, DE
TD Bank spokesperson Paige Wilkins said in a statement, “In reaching a decision to close specific TD Bank stores, we consider many business factors, including the number of customers visiting our stores, transaction volumes, the location’s proximity to other TD Bank stores and the number of customers who use multiple store locations.”
According to CNBC mobile banking saw huge surges including a 200% increase in mobile banking registration and 85% increase in mobile banking traffic.