You coordinate your family outfits, you have countless photographs taken, you spend hours scrolling through websites to find the perfect card to send out… only to use improper grammar.
Never fear, we’ve got you covered!
- When signing your Christmas cards you never want to put an apostrophe + your last name. You do not want to sign your card “The Smith’s”
- If your last name ends in A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,T,U,V,W,Y just add a S to the end. EX: The Smiths or The Does
- If your last name ends in S,X,Z, ch, or sh just add an ES to the end. EX: The Joneses or The Bushes or The Foxes
- If your last name ends in a letter where you add an ES and you don’t like the way that sounds you can simply sign your card The Jones Family or The Bush Family
- If your last name ends in a CH but it makes a K sound you add an S. EX: The Steinbachs
Sign me up to for the BENefits Club email newsletter!
Make sure that you’re a member of one of Philadelphia’s most fun groups: The 95.7 BEN-efits Club to get concert and contest info, local and music news, and so much more straight to your inbox!