The Philadelphia Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a Kids Comedy Contest all summer long.
Is your kid funny? Got jokes for days? If so, they could win some great prizes!
The contest is divided into two age groups – 9 to 12 and 13 to 18.
There are celebrity judges, including the Legendary Wid (if you have never seen his act.. just trust us. It’s LEGENDARY).
Prizes include t-shirts, opening for a professional act, and scholarships to attend a comedy camp.
- Must have permission from a parent.
- Must keep it clean. It’s a kids contest after all, so no risque material in your act.
- Videos can be 2 to 3 minutes in length and feature anything. A few tik tok videos, a standup act, a funny song, whatever your kid finds funny.
- Contestants will be judged solely on their video with the following criteria: Timing, Style, Presentation, Material, Likeability, Drive, Delivery, Originality, and mostly, Fun.
- Must submit by August 14th.
Send any questions about the Kids Comedy Contest to firstname.lastname@example.org and find all of the information you need HERE.
Here’s a video explaining the contest and what the judges are looking for.
Judges will also pick the top 5 videos in each age group, and those videos will be published online for a “People’s Choice” contest. All contestants will be invited to attend a private virtual comedy master class hosted by the judges, just before the People’s Choice prize presentation, featuring tips about writing, performing and ‘the serious business of being funny’.
Break a leg!