Story About Teen Almost Dying After Getting Intimate With A Beehive Discredited
A story surfaced recently about a teenage boy almost dying after he got very intimate with a beehive.
The story caught attention after being reported by World News Daily Report where they stated, “A Florida teenager is lying in critical condition after he was stung more than 600 times by bees. Lawrence Thomas, 14, who is allergic to bees, was brought to Naples Community Hospital after suffering a severe anaphylactic shock. The 14-year-old boy apparently inserted his penis inside of a beehive located under the family house balcony when he was attacked by the swarm of bees.”
Snopes took it upon themselves to fact-check the too crazy to be true story, and it turns out, it was.
“The article originated from a website that describes its output as being humorous or satirical in nature, as follows: ‘All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional, and any resemblance between them and any persons, living, dead, or undead, is purely a miracle,'” wrote Snopes.
So, what did we learn today? Always double and triple-check your sources. Well, that and don’t even think about doing something stupid with a beehive, but if it’s a true story, it’ll definitely be picked up by some outlet.