Listen at 8a, 12p, 2p, 4p, & 6p to win!
95.7 WBEN-FM – BEN’s Cancun For Christmas 2017 – Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to 95.7 BEN FM’s Cancun For Christmas Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WBEN-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules attached hereto and posted at Station’s website apply to this contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The Contest will begin on Monday, December 4th and end Friday, December 29, 2017 (“Contest Period”).
- To participate in the Contest, listen to the Station on-air each weekday from December 4, 2017 through December 29, 2017 at approximately 8am, Noon, 2pm, 4pm and 6p Eastern Time (“ET”) to hear the “Word of the Hour” and cue to enter (“Cue”). Entrants may then enter online or by text using the respective Word of the Hour until thirty (30) minutes following each Cue announcement. Any entries received before the Cue is aired will be disqualified. (For example, if the Word and Cue are announced at 8:00 am ET, the Word of the Hour would be valid from 8:00 am ET to 8:30 am ET.) Entries without the correct Word for that specific hour and day will be disqualified.
- Words of the Hour will be deemed correct and valid at the sole discretion of the Station. Station will be the timekeeper for this Contest at its sole discretion. Upon hearing the Cue, enter by text or online as follows:
Text entry: Text the specified Word of the Hour (as announced in the Cue for that specific time and day) to the BEN-FM short code 95711. Standard message and data rates may apply. Service providers may charge entrants for each text message, including any error message that is sent or received. The Station is not responsible for any fees and taxes incurred by an entrant for this method of entry. BY ENTERING BY TEXT, ENTRANTS CONSENT TO RECEIVE AT LEAST ONE (1) AUTODIALED INFORMATIONAL TEXT MESSAGE FROM THE STATION ON THEIR WIRELESS NUMBER, INCLUDING A MESSAGE CONFIRMING ENTRY AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS, AND ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND THAT THEIR CONSENT IS NOT REQUIRED AS A CONDITION OF PURCHASE. Text entrants consent to receive additional autodialed text messages or a notification phone call at the number from which the text entry was received if selected as a qualifier, finalist or winner, as applicable, and to accept any charges associated therewith. Potential prize winner(s) in a text message promotion must provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth to verify eligibility. Text messaging may not be available through all service providers.
Online entry: Go to http://www.vibescm.com/amoe to enter the short code, Word of the Hour for that specific Cue, and all required contact information.
Limit one (1) entry per person per Word of the Hour /Cue, regardless of entry method. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same phone number or email address.
- One (1) prize winner will be chosen at random at the end of each contesting week from all qualifying text and online entries received the previous week (Monday through Friday. Once a winner is selected, all previous entries will be out of the running for the next trip. You must enter again for the following trip. Initially-selected Prize winners are subject to confirmation of eligibility in accordance with these rules.
- Six (6) prize winners total will be selected during the Contest Period. Initially-selected prize winners will be notified by phone and MUST pick up the phone on the FIRST TRY or will be disqualified and Station will select an alternate new winner in a random drawing from the remaining entries received.
- One (1) prize winner be selected randomly from a list of donors who donated during 95.7 BEN FM’s Adopt A Family Radio-thon on Tuesday, December 5th.
- One (1) prize winner will be selected from “The Cord Family Christmas” Show.
- Online listeners to the WBEN-FM (Station) web stream may experience a reception delay of up to one minute. Listening to BEN-FM’s over-the-air broadcast is the best way to participate in this Contest.
- Winner qualification is subject to the verification of the entrant’s name, address, home phone number, and work/cell phone number, all of which must be provided prior to winner confirmation. Text entries will not be accepted at any other number. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received each week.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Philadelphia metro survey area(as defined by Neilsen audio) except void where prohibited by law. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Winners will be disqualified if they have won a Beasley Media Group, Inc.(WMMR/WMGK/WBEN-FM/WPEN) prize valued at One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) or greater in the past 365 days. Employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of Beasley Media Group, Inc., Prize Provider, their respective affiliates, any other promotion sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies who do business with 95.7 BEN-FM or any of the promotion sponsors, and other radio stations in the Philadelphia metro survey area are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.” Limit one entry (total) per person for each Cue to text; maximum one prize per person and per household during the contest period. Void where prohibited.
Prize Giveaways: Playa Hotels & Resorts will provide six (6) 4-day – 3-night all-inclusive vacations to Panama Jack Resort Gran Caribe in Cancun or Panama Jack Resort Gran Porto in Playa del Carmen as prizing for the aforementioned contest. Prize includes roundtrip coach airfare for two to Cancun courtesy of Southwest Vacations.
- Each prize will include: • (1) voucher for a Four (4) days/ Three (3) night’s stay for winner and one (1) guest in one (1) standard category room at Panama Jack Gran Caribe or Panama Jack Gran Porto located in Mexico. Maximum of double occupancy, under the standard all-inclusive package (including meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, daily resort activities included). (1) voucher for roundtrip coach airfare for two to Cancun International Airport courtesy of Southwest Vacations. Prize voucher is redeemable only at one of the two resorts noted above. Prize vouchers for hotel & air must be redeemed and travel to be completed no later than December 31, 2018. Prize voucher for both hotel and air may be subject to additional terms and conditions including blackout dates disclosed at the time of prize award. Airfare to and from Cancun International Airport. Ground transportation between the airport and the resorts not included. ADR of the total prize package inclusive of hotel & air is up to $2,600 Giveaway is open only to individuals who are legal residents of any one (1) of the (50) United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico who are at least the age of 18. This prize package is non-transferable, has no cash value and cannot be extended or replaced if destroyed, lost or stolen. Entire trip must be completed by December 31, 2018 and no extension will be given after the prize has expired. Following the identification of the winner, an affidavit will be sent to the recipients for completion. Upon receiving the signed affidavit from the winner, a hotel certificate packet will be issued by Playa Hotels & Resorts. Upon receipt of the hotel certificate, the winner should contact email@example.com in order to book their stay. Upon receipt of the air certificate, the winner should contact Southwest Vacations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resort Certifications must be redeemed prior to Air. Bookings are based upon availability Certain blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Airfare will not exceed $700 total cost. Winner is responsible for any flight costs above $700.
*Expiration December 31, 2018 *Any applicable additional costs including but not limited to, seat assignment, baggage fees, etc. are determined by selected airline and will be the responsibility of the prize
winner. In an event airfare is sponsored through a third party, a gift card will not be issued. When applicable, all airfare must be booked at the same time the Panama Pack Resort package is booked. Airfare cannot be transferred to a second party, cannot be extended beyond prize expiration date and is valid for the destination of Cancun only. *Please note once flights have been confirmed any penalties associated with a change in reservation/itinerary will be the responsibility of the prize winner. All taxes (national/federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local), as well as any expenses not specified in these Official Rules as being provided as part of the prize, are the sole responsibility of winner. IRS Form 1099-MISC may be issued in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Space is subject to availability at time of booking. Airfare, if sponsored through a third party will not exceed $700 total cost.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous U.S. and D.C. who reside within the Philadelphia area and are age 21 or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Airport/hotel transfers are not included. Travel must be completed by 12/31/18. Subject to availability. Hotel blackout dates may apply. ©2017 Panama Jack. ©2017 Playa Hotels & Resorts is the owner and exclusive operator of Panama Jack Resorts. All rights reserved. Sponsor: 95.7 WBEN-FM.
Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Bala Plaza, Suite 424, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize(s) must be redeemed for travel within one year from July 20, 2017 and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void.. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. [if prize is to be claimed in another location, specify that location- It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Six prize winners will be selected as described in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
(one prize winner on Monday, December 11th at approximately 7:30am, one winner selected on Monday, December 18th at approximately 7:30am, one winner selected on Tuesday December 26th, at approximately 7:30am, one winner on Tuesday, January 2nd at approximately 7:30am ET). Also, one winner will be selected from all of the donors for the Adopt A Family Radio-thon on Monday, December 11th and also one winner will be selected from all of the entrants in The Cord Family Christmas Show on January 1st, 2018.
- Odds of winning depend in part on the number and order of entries received at the time of each prize drawing.
- Winner must answer phone call on the FIRST TRY on the winner selection date.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- a. Identify any Contest Specific Conditions
- See Attachment A “General Contest Rules” for additional conditions.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at 957BenFM.com.
e.. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Bala Plaza, Suite 424, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
BEASLEY MEDIA GROUP, Inc.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Beasley Media Group radio stations. Station specific contests will have their own specific rules which will be set forth in contest rules for that particular contest and will be available at the Station studio and on the Station’s website.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. Unless otherwise noted, one entry per person will be accepted. In the event multiple entries are allowed, each entry must be submitted individually. Mechanically reproduced or software generated entries of any kind will not be accepted. Any materials submitted become the property of Station and will not be returned.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all listeners who are 16, 18 or 21 years of age or older and who reside in the service area of station. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the service area of the station and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Unless otherwise specified, Listeners are eligible to win Beasley Media Group contests only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. Unless otherwise specified by the Station, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station conducting the contest Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- b. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her Prize in person, and a Prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the Prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in the official rules of the contest.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station.
- Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted with 24 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Winners who fail to respond within 24 hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- d. By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication on the Station website.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- TELEPHONE CONTESTS
- The Station cannot be held responsible for allegations of telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing his or her prize claim. When a caller is lost or disconnected prior to broadcast, the Station can, at its discretion, select the next eligible caller received to win/participate. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
- TEXT CONTESTS
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that no purchase is necessary to participate in any text-to-win contest or subscribe to any text club, and that texts sent by the Station are sent using an automated telephone dialing system. By initiating a text message to the Station in this contest, you also expressly consent to the receipt of a reply message confirming your entry and notification via text if you are selected to be a winner. You also understand, acknowledge and agree that reply messages from the Station may contain advertising and marketing messages, which support this free service.
- Message and data rates may be charged by your wireless carrier. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by you for this method of entry.
- c. Entrants to this contest do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but must provide all requested information if selected as the winner(s), including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (if required by law and federal tax reporting requirements), and verification of identity (such as a valid government-issued ID).
- All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. If you change your mind regarding the subscription to the text club, you should text the word “STOP” to the designated short code when you receive the confirmation message. You may opt-out to a text club at any time.
- Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Only text messages individually generated by wireless devices such as cellular or smart telephones and blackberries will be accepted; use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will be cause for disqualification. Proof of submission of an entry from the entrant shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system or text platform is the official time keeping device for the contest.
- The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. The Station is not responsible for mis-sent, misdirected, or undeliverable text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent.
- INTERNET RULES
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
- WHEN INTERNET CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING
- The use of automatic voting program(s) and/or voting website(s) is prohibited and will result in nullifying all votes from these programs/websites or disqualification of contestant. The penalty will be determined at the sole discretion of the judge(s).
- WHEN CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND OTHERS
- Use of multiple Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or other social medial accounts to enter contests is prohibited and will result in nullifying all votes from these accounts and /or disqualification from the contestant. The penalty will be determined at the sole discretion of the judge(s).
- FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A VIDEO
- Profanity or nudity is not permitted in video entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
- Each contestant’s video entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the video which grants, the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the video on its website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the video entry.
- FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A PHOTO
- Nudity is not permitted in photo entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
- Each contestant’s photo entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo which grants the Station the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the photo on its website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo entry.
- FOR CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION FACEBOOK PAGE
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability of the Promotion’s administration, prizes or promotion. Contestants are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON Instagram
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Instagram from any responsibility related to the promotion.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION Twitter Profile
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. By submission of an entry, contestant release Twitter from any responsibility related to the promotion.