95.7 WBEN-FM –Disney Cruise Trip Giveaway– Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to 95.7 BEN FM’s Disney Cruise Trip Giveaway Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WBEN-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules attached hereto and posted at Station’s website apply to this contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The Disney Cruise Trip Giveaway Contest will begin Monday, November 13, 2017 and end Friday, November 24, 2017 (“Contest Period”).
- To participate in the Contest, Listen to the Station each weekday during the Contest Period, at approximately 8am, 12pm, and 4pm Eastern Time (“ET”) each day for a 95.7 BEN FM DJ to give the cue to call, The fifteenth (15) caller to get through to the Station contest line at 215-263-2363 will win a $50 Disney Gift Card (“Qualifying Prize”) and will be qualified for a chance to win a Grand Prize Family Trip for 4 aboard the Disney Cruise line, upon confirmation of eligibility. Qualifying Prize winner qualification is subject to the verification of the entrant’s name, address, home phone number, and work/cell phone number, all of which must be provided prior to winner confirmation.
- Up to thirty (30) Qualifying Prizes will be given away during this Contest (Up to 3 cues to call per day).
- One (1) Grand Prize will be selected randomly from all of the Qualifying Prize winners. Initially-selected Grand Prize winners must confirm acceptance of prize when the phone call is made or risk disqualification and selection of a new winner. The Grand Prize winner will be selected on November 27, 2017 between 8am and 8:30am EST.
- Online listeners to the Station web stream may experience a reception delay of up to one minute. Listening to the Station’s over-the-air broadcast is the best way to participate in this Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Philadelphia metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen audio) except void where prohibited by law. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Winners will be disqualified if they have won a Beasley Media Group, Inc. (WMMR/WMGK/WBEN-FM/WPEN) prize valued at One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) or greater in the past 365 days. Employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of Beasley Media Group, Inc., Universal Orlando, their respective affiliates, any other promotion sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies who do business with 95.7 BEN-FM or any of the promotion sponsors, and other radio stations in the Philadelphia metro survey area are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
- Maximum one (1) Qualifying Prize per person and per household during the Contest Period. Void where prohibited.
- Up to thirty (30) Qualifying Prizes will be awarded. Each qualifying prize is one (1) one fifty dollar ($50.00) Disney Gift Card, valid at any Disney park, cruise, or Disney Store or online at DisneyStore.com. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Qualifying Prize is $50.00. The gift card will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift card. Gift cards are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will gift cards be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is a 4-night Bahamian Disney Cruise Line vacation for four (4) persons to be taken aboard the Disney Dream. The 4-night Bahamian Cruise shall consist of the following: (i) four (4) round-trip coach airfares between the major U.S. gateway airport closest to the winner’s residence and the major airport closest to Orlando, FL; (ii) round-trip ground transportation from the airport to Port Canaveral, FL; (iii) a four (4) night Cruise on the Disney Dream for four (4) persons (One (1) stateroom aboard the Disney Dream (location / category at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line) maximum capacity four (4) people); (iv) all meals onboard the Disney Dream (except Palo and Remy Fine Dining), pre-paid gratuities, taxes, fees and port expenses. The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of the Grand Prize is Eight Thousand Three Hundred Seventy-Nine and 32/100 Dollars ($8,379.32) which includes Taxes, Port Expenses, and Fees (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line website) .
- Actual value may vary based on point of departure and dates of booking and travel. Any difference between stated value and actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions may appl Items not included as part of the vacation package which are the responsibility of the winner include: shore excursions, travel insurance, nursery charges, laundry service, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, local and long distance telephone calls, ship to shore communications including internet, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, additional tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, transportation between the winner’s home and gateway airport, airline baggage fees, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. Vacation must be booked at least 45 days prior to intended travel dates and must be taken prior to January 15, 2019 aboard the Disney Dream (at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line). Go to www.disneycruise.com to view available sail dates. Travel must be taken between the dates of January 15, 2018 – January 15, 2019. Block-out dates: 03/26/18; 04/02/18; 06/06/18; 06/20/18; 07/04/18; 07/16/18; 12/24/18 OR 12/31/18. Vacation is for the winner and up to three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing. Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Disney Cruise Line vacation. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to embarkation at the Disney Cruise Line terminal. Vacation fulfillment is subject to availability and restrictions at Disney Cruise Line and airline seat availability. Travel may not occur during cruise ship or airline block-out periods. Vacations may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value. Vacation elements may not be substituted and vacations are non-commissionable. Winner and companions are responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. It is the guest’s responsibility to check with their travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure they have the proper citizenship documentation. U.S. citizens can also visit the State Department’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT for more information. Guests of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports. Actual final retail value of trip may be higher or lower based on departure. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and all guests must travel together on specified itinerary. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and providers approval. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e. parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each and persons residing in such immediate family members’ household) of Sponsor, Disney Destinations, their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Bala Plaza, Suite 424, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 Monday-Friday, during regular business hours and excluding holidays. Prize(s) or prize certificate must be claimed within 30 days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner.
Additional Vacation rules include:
- Vacation must be booked at least 45 days prior to the intended travel dates and must be taken prior to January 15, 2019 aboard the Disney Dream (at the discretion of Disney Cruise Line). Please go to www.disneycruise.com to view available sail dates.
- Travel dates: January 15, 2018 – January 15, 2019
- Minors under the age of 18 not traveling with a parent or legal guardian must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 in the same stateroom. The parent or guardian of any minor not traveling with a parent or guardian must appoint an adult to have custody and control over their minor and to contract on their behalf in connection with the Disney Cruise Line vacation. An appointment form will be included in the document package and must be signed by parent or legal guardian prior to embarkation at the Disney Cruise Line terminal.
- Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each and persons residing in such immediate family members' household) of Sponsor, Disney Destinations, their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win.
- Initially-selected Grand Prize winner is subject to confirmation of eligibility in accordance with these rules. The winner must confirm acceptance of prize when phone call is made or risk disqualification and selection of a new winner. If initially-selected grand prize winner does not answer the phone on the first try, they will be disqualified and we will select a new Grand Prize winner.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to thirty (30) Qualifying Prize winners will be selected as described in Section 1 of these rules.
- On Monday, November 27th at approximately 8am ET, one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from up to thirty eligible Qualifying Prize winners and will be announced on-air. The confirmed Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone and/or email and must confirm acceptance of prize no later than 8am ET on November 27th, 2017. Failure to confirm within this time may result in disqualification and selection of a new winner (by random drawing of remaining qualifiers). Grand Prize winner must complete and return all required prize release forms no later than 8am ET on December 27th, 2017.
- Potential Qualifying Prize winner(s) will be notified of winning at the time of their winning phone call. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone promptly following his/her selection in the random drawing.
- Odds of winning a qualifying prize depend upon in part upon the number and order of calls received. Odds of a qualifying prizewinner winning the Grand Prize are up to 1 in 20.
- Entrants must listen to the Station to win but need not be present to win.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- See Attachment A “General Contest Rules” for additional conditions.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at 957BenFM.com.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Bala Plaza, Suite 424, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
BEASLEY MEDIA GROUP, INC.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc.’s radio stations. Station specific contests will have their own specific rules which will be set forth in contest rules for that particular contest and will be available at the Station studio and on the Station’s website. If there is a conflict between these General Contest Rules and the Rules for a specific Contest, the Rules for the specific Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. Unless otherwise noted, one entry per person will be accepted. In the event multiple entries are allowed, each entry must be submitted individually. Mechanically reproduced or software generated entries of any kind will not be accepted. Any materials submitted become the property of Station and will not be returned.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in the service area of station. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the service area of the station and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Unless otherwise specified, Listeners are eligible to win Beasley Media Group contests only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. Unless otherwise specified by the Station, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station conducting the contest Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- b. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her Prize in person, and a Prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the Prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in the official rules of the contest.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station.
- Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 24 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Unless otherwise specified, winners who fail to respond within 24 hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received or the relative performance of each contestant.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- d. By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication on the Station website.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry if it learns that it was submitted by any contestants under the age of 13.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- TELEPHONE CONTESTS
- The Station cannot be held responsible for allegations of telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing his or her prize claim. When a caller is lost or disconnected prior to broadcast, the Station can, at its discretion, select the next eligible caller received to win/participate. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
- TEXT CONTESTS
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that no purchase is necessary to participate in any text-to-win contest or subscribe to any text club, and that texts sent by the Station are sent using an automated telephone dialing system. By initiating a text message to the Station in this contest, you also expressly consent to the receipt of a reply message confirming your entry and notification via text if you are selected to be a winner. You also understand, acknowledge and agree that reply messages from the Station may contain advertising and marketing messages, which support this free service.
- Message and data rates may be charged by your wireless carrier. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by you for this method of entry.
- c. Entrants to this contest do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but must provide all requested information if selected as the winner(s), including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (if required by law and federal tax reporting requirements), and verification of identity (such as a valid government-issued ID).
- All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. If you change your mind regarding the subscription to the text club, you should text the word “STOP” to the designated short code when you receive the confirmation message. You may opt-out to a text club at any time.
- Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Only text messages individually generated by wireless devices such as cellular or smart telephones and blackberries will be accepted; use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will be cause for disqualification. Proof of submission of an entry from the entrant shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system or text platform is the official time keeping device for the contest.
- The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. The Station is not responsible for mis-sent, misdirected, or undeliverable text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent.
- INTERNET RULES
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
- WHEN INTERNET CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING
- Entrants may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (a) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) any vote limits; (b) using any automated system to vote; (c) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes; or (d) using proxy voting schemes in which anyone other than the actual person submits the vote. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any votes that the Station has reason to believe were obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means.
- WHEN CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND OTHERS
- Use of multiple Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or other social medial accounts to enter contests is prohibited and will result in nullifying all votes from these accounts and /or disqualification from the contestant. The penalty will be determined at the sole discretion of the judge(s).
- FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A PHOTO AND/OR VIDEO
- Profanity or nudity is not permitted in photo and/or video entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
- Each contestant’s photo and/or video entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo and/or video which grants, the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the video on the Station’s website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Station(s), Beasley Media Group, Inc., its parent companies, its subsidiaries, their affiliated entities, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, and all of their successors and assigns harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo and/or video entry.
- FOR CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION FACEBOOK PAGE
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability of the Contest’s administration, prizes or promotion. Contestants are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON Instagram
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Instagram from any responsibility related to the Contest.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION Twitter Profile
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. By submission of an entry, contestant release Twitter from any responsibility related to the Contest.